Now hiring - Program Director
Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for developing, implementing, promoting, and evaluating Immunize Nevada’s health promotion programs, as well as supervising all project managers and teams responsible for the operations of these programs
Supervises all project managers and their respective teams.
Supervises and oversees budgeting, conflict resolution, communication, delegation, leadership, organization, problem-solving, and time management of all Projects including but not limited to those listed below. This also includes initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Community Health Workers Programming
- Community Outreach and Volunteer
- Intern Programming
- Healthy Young NV
- Community Meetings
- NILE Webinars
- School and Childcare Task Force
- Back to School Clinic Programming
- Pink Packets
- Nevada Health Conference (co-chair)
- Other programs as assigned
- Assist with hiring and training new and current staff/management
Setting up interviews and sending offer letters as necessary, and directly training/onboarding management
- Create and implement expectations and metrics for evaluating each project/program performance. Ensure clinics, outreach and community presentation reports for all CHW-led events are accounted for via reporting mechanisms (Clinic Reporting / Outreach Reporting / Community Immunization Learning Series (CILS) Presentation Reporting)
- Identify performance gaps accordingly in each program and work with the Executive Director to create a plan of action. Update and document processes for better program management (i.e., creation of Outreach Field guide, Tracking process for vaccine budget request and partner clinic requests)
- Monitor all active programs and create reports as needed. This includes editing projects accordingly to improve performance. Assess the results of all programming (i.e., which will be given to you by each manager) and create a report to summarize the program’s effectiveness
- Plan and execute regular meetings (i.e., 1:1) with each manager either weekly or bi-weekly
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for each manager.
- Meet with the Executive Director a minimum of once a month.
- Attend internal and partner meetings
- Internal meetings may include Big Tuesday, Leadership team meetings, etc.
- Partner may include PACT Coalition, MCH Coalition meetings, Nevada 211, etc.
- Attend and lead vaccine clinics/outreach events statewide as needed during the week (sometimes during nights and weekends)
- Work with Estipona Group to create (as needed) clinic management materials/IZ NV branded education materials for partners, and set up educational marketing (i.e., NILE, community meeting, Doc Talk emails)
- Attend professional development sessions via webinars
- Lend planning and day of support to organization-wide events (Big Shots, Polio Run, Dragon Boats, Nevada Health Conference, etc.) as needed
- Serve as main contact for statewide internships (needs to have an MPH and at least 5 years of experience in the field) to be listed as internship preceptor. Work with schools to set up contract agreements for students to be placed in our internship program, as available. Interview and onboard interns. Conduct weekly individual and monthly group check ins with interns.
- Create/share trainings for CHW team relating to communicating about vaccines, effectively working with partners, complying with grant reporting requirements, clinic management best practices, etc.
- Conduct presentations for community partners as requested on various vaccine topics
- Complies with all HIPAA, and other regulations and requirements
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org