You’ve got the power to keep people healthy.
Thanks for using it wisely.
As a healthcare professional, you have the power to influence the health of your patients and our entire community by recommending the annual flu vaccine. Research shows that when healthcare professionals make strong recommendations, patients follow the advice. Use your power to help ensure your patients, staff, and colleagues are protected from flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clearly states that the single best way to reduce influenza transmission in healthcare settings is through increased influenza vaccination. You can demonstrate the importance of influenza vaccination by getting vaccinated yourself and making sure patients know your office recommends flu vaccine for everyone over 6 months who is able to get it. See our toolkit for flu-fighting resources.
- Resources to Make a Strong Flu Vaccine Recommendation
- Families Fighting Flu Toolkits in English/Spanish
- Communication 101 from Families Fighting Flu
Long-term care facilities
- Preventing influenza in long-term care facilities
- Outbreak management in long-term care facilities
- CDC toolkit for long-term care employers
- CDC Vaccination Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Role of pharmacists in flu vaccination
- Need resources in Spanish? Visit the CDC resource center.
- Flu VIS
- Standing orders for flu vaccine
- Doses for children age 8 and under