Hiring: Executive Director
The Executive Director will give direction and leadership toward the achievement of Immunize Nevada’s philosophy, mission, and strategy. Other key duties include administration, fund development, and advocacy. The Executive Director will be responsible for the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the organization and, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, will enable the Board to fulfill its governance and fiduciary functions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively lead, engage, and energize staff, volunteers, board members, committees and maintain outstanding relationships with member organizations, legislators, and funders so they are passionate about Immunize Nevada.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate Immunize Nevada’s Strategic Plan, vision, and mission in conjunction with staff, board of directors and key stakeholders. Oversee building and maintenance of program capacity.
- Set appropriate timelines, goals and objectives for events and programs and ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Be a statewide champion for a healthier Nevada.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Prepare and recommend annual budget and prudently manage organization's resources within budget guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals, administrating fundraising records and documentation.
Community and Public Relations
- Serve as the main spokesperson for the organization and assure it is consistently presented with a positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communication to continuously strengthen the Immunize Nevada brand.
- Develop and maintain the necessary relationships and promote collaboration with and among Immunize Nevada partners to address community needs; in-person, and/or remotely across Nevada.
- Advocate at the local, state, and federal level for immunization related health, education, and public policy issues.
- Promote Immunize Nevada through participation and membership in committees, community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with the mission and vision.
- Ensure that Immunize Nevada has the appropriate systems, physical space, and technology to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Creative problem solver who utilizes limited resources effectively and prioritizes planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Works with board members to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Hire, manage, and lead a diverse staff of 12-20 employees and contractors. Management activities include hiring, separation of employment, ongoing staff development, performance and annual evaluation management, compensation, and benefits.
- Masters degree in social services, public health, management or related field.
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience including experience in reporting to and managing a Board of Directors and an understanding of public funding resources, private philanthropy, and public health.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience in local, regional, or national coalitions and/or public-private partnerships preferred.
- Up-to-date vaccinations preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the fields of immunizations and public health.
- Understand that oppression and disparities directly impact health and life outcomes and can communicate with diverse audiences through an equity lens.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, private and public partner agencies and volunteers.
- Analytical ability and resourcefulness, as required in developing and implementing strategic plans, policies, and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and promote positive relationships and a collaborative management approach.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and draft legislation. A strong understanding of Nevada's legislative process preferred, or extensive experience in another state.
- Demonstrated experience in writing, securing, and managing grants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment.
- Utilization of audio-visual equipment, computer and appropriate standard software packages for data analysis and presentation of immunization information.
- Must possess the ability to organize and facilitate meetings.
- Complies with all HIPAA, and other regulations and requirements.
- Basic accounting skills for payroll processing, accounts payable, and grant invoicing.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting, evening and weekend hours sometimes required. Must possess ability and willingness to perform job-related travel, majority within the state of Nevada. With physical offices in Las Vegas and Reno, this position is primarily based in the Reno office for proximity to the state capitol.
License required: Must have valid driver’s license.
- Benefits include PTO, Nevada and Federal holidays, 90% employer covered health, vision, and dental insurance, Simple IRA plan, mileage reimbursement, and more
- Relocation expense allowance may be available
- Estimated pay range: $80,000-95,000. The Executive Director’s salary offer will be competitive and based upon the applicant’s level of experience and satisfaction of the qualifications listed above.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Bethany Sexton, Chair, Board of Directors with subject line: IZ NV Executive Director Application. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Immunize Nevada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.