Equity Program Coordinator: Northern NV
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, the Equity Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting Immunize Nevada’s vaccine equity work in northern Nevada.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Nevada Vaccine Equity Collaborative, including communications and outreach strategy to galvanize stakeholders and provide essential information to community members.
- Provide support to Immunize Nevada’s community outreach team to promote vaccination clinic sites via website, social media, and print collateral.
- Coordinate the annual Nevada Health Conference including but not limited to: venue, speaker, vendor, and attendee management. Work with the Community Learning Coordinator to ensure a diverse representation of relevant topics and speakers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the fields of immunizations and public health.
- Participate in outreach tables and other events during the day, evening, and weekends.
- Ability to communicate in small and large groups.
- Manage program data for monthly summary reports.
- Complies with all HIPAA, and other regulations and requirements.
Interns and/or volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirements.
- Up-to-date vaccinations preferred
- Read, write, and speak Spanish.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work collaboratively and responsively with multiple partners, in-person, and/or remotely across Nevada.
- Familiarity with vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Understand that oppression and disparities directly impact health and life outcomes, and is able to communicate with diverse audiences through an equity lens.
- Strong writing, speaking, and visual communications skills. Must have the ability to translate data, research, and complex and/or sensitive topics into a clear, engaging product.
- Utilization of audio-visual and office equipment, computer and appropriate standard software packages for data analysis and presentation of immunization information.
- Skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must possess the ability to organize and conduct meetings.
- Skills in maintaining confidential personal health information.
- Ability to lead projects and work independently; will take initiative, think strategically and work creatively.
- Prepare timesheets, expense reports, check requests, as required.
- Certified as a Nevada Web IZ user.
- Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours a week
- Fully grant-funded through June 2024. Position continuation will be dependent on additional funding.
- Benefits include PTO, Nevada and Federal holidays, 90% employer covered health, vision, and dental insurance, Simple IRA plan, mileage reimbursement, and more
- Pay range: $20-24/hour, depending on experience
Send a cover letter and resume to Heidi Parker, Executive Director. Position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Immunize Nevada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.