COVID-19 Coordinator - Elko
Immunize Nevada is hiring a full-time coordinator for COVID-19 Vaccine Planning and Response to be based in Elko, NV. This position will work closely with the Nevada State Immunization Program and local community organizations/partners/agencies to conduct outreach activities and oversee vaccine distribution.
- Help coordinate collaborative efforts between federal, other states, and / or local agencies for COVID-19 vaccine communication, outreach, and distribution activities.
- Conduct community outreach and build upon individual and community capacity to access and provide COVID-19 vaccination, particularly in high-risk communities.
- Utilize partnerships with community partners and stakeholders to address vaccine access challenges among targeted populations.
- Work with community vaccinators to fund and/or organize community-based clinics to reach target audiences and increase vaccine uptake.
- Activities will follow federal, state, and local phased guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 prevention.
- Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours a week.
- Fully grant-funded through June 2021. Position continuation will be dependent on additional funding.
- Benefits include PTO, Nevada and Federal holidays, 90% employer covered health, vision, and dental insurance, Simple IRA plan, mileage reimbursement, and more.
- Pay range: $20-25/hour, depending on experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a health science, behavioral science or closely related field applicable to the program area.
- Two years of health-related experience which included researching, collecting, and analyzing data and statistics, developing objectives, protocols, and procedures, providing health education services to target groups or the general public, and/or investigation and prevention of communicable or chronic diseases; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of local health disparities and resources to address those disparities.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and insurance required.
- Read, write, and speak Spanish preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to Carol Luna, Program Director by November 6, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
Immunize Nevada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.