Protect Yourself this Flu Season
Getting a flu vaccine is the most important thing you can do to protect your health and your family’s health. You may be wondering if flu shots are safe to get during the pandemic. This Fox News story answers that question: https://www.foxnews.com/health/flu-shots-safe-covid-19-pandemic For more tips and resources, visit the Immunize Nevada Flu page.
Where to Go
- Immunize Nevada Calendar: https://www.immunizenevada.org/event-calendar
- Immunize Nevada Clinic List: https://www.immunizenevada.org/find-vaccine-clinics
- Anthem Members: https://mss.anthem.com/nevada-medicaid/care/health-and-wellness.html
- Health Plan of Nevada Members: https://www.healthplanofnevada.com/Member/Flu-Alert
- Silver Summit Health Plan Members: https://www.silversummithealthplan.com/members/medicaid/benefits-services/flu-shots.html
Uninsured Patient Hotline
The hotline provides personalized guidance to health coverage options, and can do the following:
- Evaluate eligibility for COBRA, Healthcare Marketplace/Exchange Plans, and/or Medicaid and potential resources that may offset the cost of insurance premiums
- Understand, complete and submit eligibility applications on the individual’s behalf (if desired)
- Follow up with county or state to complete eligibility process (if needed)
- This is a free service and is intended to help connect individuals that may be faced with health insurance coverage challenges due to unemployment.
- This hotline is staffed by patient benefit advisors that can help individuals with their specific situations and to find their best coverage options.
MTM, Inc for Nevada Medicaid members
More information here: https://www.mtm-inc.net/nevada/members/
Call 1-844-879-7341 before your appointment, at least five business days in advance. Routine trips scheduled Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. When you call, please be ready to provide:
- Your name and Medicaid ID number
- Your home address and phone number
- Your doctor’s name, phone number, and address
- The date and time of your appointment
- Any special needs, including if you need someone to ride with you
- You must also tell us if you have Medicare or another third-party payment service. This will help us determine your eligibility.
Neighbor Network of Northern Nevada
N4 Connect is designed to provide a means for people to access more affordable transportation options by offering 50% discounted Lyft rides. People with disabilities and adults over 60 who cannot access affordable transportation or use public transportation can sign-up to receive up to $160 worth of Lyft credits for only $80 per participant each month. http://neighbornv.org/n4-connect/
Homebound flu shots
REMSA, in conjunction with Washoe County Health District, will offer flu shots, free of charge and on a first-scheduled, first-served basis to Washoe County adult citizens that are homebound. Response to COVID-19: REMSA employees are screened daily and will be wearing full PPE including a gown, N95 respirator, gloves and eye protection. To schedule your appointment, call 775-353-0807 or visit https://www.remsahealth.com/news/free-flu-shots-for-homebound-adults-beginning-september-28/. Eligibility Criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Resides within REMSA's main service area of Reno-Sparks-Washoe County
- Has not already received a 2020/21 flu season vaccine
- Does not have suspected interaction or contradiction with the standard injectable flu vaccine
- Is homebound
For Health Plan of Nevada members, call the 24/7 advice nurse at 1-800-288-2264, TTY 711 to set up an appointment.