16th Annual Nevada Health Conference
May 24–25, 2022, Whitney Peak Hotel, Reno, Nevada
What is NHC?
Hosted annually by Immunize Nevada, the Nevada Health Conference #NHC22 brings together more than 200 healthcare professionals from throughout Nevada and the region, offering topics focused on immunizations; chronic disease prevention and health promotion; and maternal, child, and adolescent health. Each day features nationally recognized keynote speakers and concurrent workshops featuring local and national experts. The event alternate between Reno and Las Vegas each year.
This year, participants can attend in-person, online or choose a combination.
2022 Keynote Highlight — The Unbiased Science Podcast
Dr. Jessica Steier & Dr. Andrea Love of the Unbiased Science podcast will conduct a keynote presentation at the Nevada Health Conference.
The two will share the story of launching Unbiased Science, a science-communication machine that makes science more accessible to the masses. Their presentation will focus on vaccine-related content both COVID and non-COVID related.
Dr. Jessica Steier is a public health scientist and consultant with expertise in health policy and program evaluation. She is a thought leader and innovator in the field of science literacy and communication and the CEO of Vital Statistics Consulting, as well as CEO of the non-profit The Unbiased Science Institute.
Dr. Andrea Love is an immunologist and microbiologist. A thought leader in science communication and literacy, she has more than a decade of experience in infectious disease immunology, cancer immunology, and autoimmunity. Dr. Love works at a biotech company and serves as senior content developer for The Unbiased Science Institute.
How can I attend?
Support the 2022 Nevada Health Conference by sponsoring this year's virtual meeting. Visit the conference website to download levels + benefits
What can I expect this year?
The agenda for this year's conference may be found here.
- Plenary sessions
- Workshops featuring local and national field experts
- Panel sessions
- Networking within the areas of Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion, Immunizations, and Maternal, Child, & Adolescent Health
- Continuing education credits are available for multiple healthcare-related fields.
Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Credit Approvals
To obtain Continuing Education Credit Approval, attendees may use the following link, complete the evaluation and download/print your CME certificate: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6852663/2022-Nevada-Health-Conference-Credit-Claim-Form
- CHES: An application has been submitted to the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc for 10 entry-level contact hours. Determination of credit is pending.
- CPH: The National Board of Public Health Examiners approves this program for 10.00 hours of continuing education credit.
- Nurses: The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine approves this program for 10.00 hours of nursing continuing education credit.
- Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and Immunize Nevada. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
application has been submitted to the Nevada Board of Social Work.
Determination of credit is pending.
As an accredited provider of continuing medical education through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine must ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. In order to assure that information is presented in a scientific and objective manner, The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine requires that anyone in a position to control or influence the content of an accredited activity disclose all financial relationships within the prior 24 months with any commercial or proprietary entity producing health care goods or services relevant to the content being planned or presented. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated. Following are those disclosures.
All presenters, planners, or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that they do not have any financial relationships with commercial or proprietary interests related to the content of this activity.
We would like to thank the 2022 Nevada Health Conference Sponsors